Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dolce Vita


the Byrds

Dolce vita is an Italian phrase meaning “the good life” or “the sweetness of life” (and yes, it is also a show on the Cooking Channel).  Most of my time and focus is spent on the, let’s call them, challenges of my day/week, rather than recognizing and delighting in the blessings and pleasures. I am a realist and a cynic by nature, yet even I cannot ignore the sweetness of life. While I do not consider blogging quite the equivalent of the written word, it must suffice as a means to (or at least an attempt to) document this good life. This sweetness can come in many forms and often goes unnoticed. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different” (Prince Caspian). So, welcome to an honest and candid glimpse into the good life, and maybe you too will recognize that you are in the catbird seat as well.

2 comments:

  1. This is the kind of blog I've been looking for! So excited to read what you have to say Kat! Much love to the Byrds. Why didn't we get a picture with baby James when we came to visit?
    Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful- Mark me down as a faithful follower!!

    ReplyDelete