Tuesday, November 15, 2011

what a year

Well, this time last year, I was sleeping, reading, watching t.v. and pretty ready to get up and move. Today, I'd love to spend this rainy day sleeping, reading, and watching t.v. It's amazing how things change. 


I will admit there have been quite a few times in the last year when I've looked at Isaac and thought "what have we done..." such as when I was on magnesium, when I was on bed rest for way too long, when I was waking up every 2 hours with a crying infant, when James has been sick...okay you get the picture. 


But...


The other side of that are days when I think, how amazing to have this little person to enjoy, watch grow, laugh with and at, to cuddle, to bring such delight and joy, to get excited about things to come. 


Oh, I am loving this age. James is so curious. He thinks the strangest things are funny. He is a little wild! He makes our days quite exciting.


I'm tired most of the time; he is a busy man. But, let me tell you, it's a good kind of tired! 


So this Thanksgiving season, the Byrds have a lot to be thankful for....this month, we celebrate the birthdays of my two favorites, Isaac and James. More to come on that later. Isaac is really excited about celebrating his 30th with a 1 year old!


 At Parents' Day Out, James' class is making a scrap book and asked for a "family picture." I am now realizing that James' first year is mostly pictures of him ALONE. So, I'm resolving to get more family shots, if for no other reason, than to have one for his "class project."
This one at least has Isaac's legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment