Sunday, June 5, 2011

6 months old

James is now a "sitter." He can sit for a few seconds and then he topples over. He enjoys playing in his "nest" of pillows.

It has created a new world of observing and entertainment. So far, this is my very favorite stage...I love the responsiveness and the interactiveness. I must admit, I'm not much of a tiny baby person...too fragile and unengaged (and I don't handle sleep deprivation well). I'm trying to soak up this phase, literally, I'm soaking it up...James just projectile vomited all over me (sorry if that is a little too much info).
His 6 month shots aren't agreeing with him very well. So, James and I are spending a quiet Sunday morning at home, thanking God for this healthy boy. I feared so much having James too soon and dealing with major medical problems, but here we are, 6 months old and our biggest issue is a little fever and upset tummy.

My brother-in-law introduced me to this hymn (http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/m/gmovesmw.html)
many years ago, and I read and re-read the lyrics while I was in the hospital (especially the first few days). God really did shower us with merciful blessings.

"God Moves in Mysterious Ways"

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.




No comments:

Post a Comment