Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Update from the Byrds

Isaac's garden looks great! We just tied herbs to dry in our hall closet. We have a few green cherry tomatoes, which I can't wait to ripen...everything tastes better when you know it's fresh.



In addition to gardening, we spent a few days in Destin with my parents. James was shockingly well behaved on the LONG drive down and back. He ate his weight in applesauce during the drive. The beach was beautiful. James tolerated it for a few minutes each day, but he wasn't a fan of the bright sun, sand in his pants, or the heat. So, we rotated babysitting and beaching. James preferred the comfort of his baby pool. My sweet husband and mother gave me quite a few breaks during the weekend to have alone time and grown up time. It is a different kind of vacation with a 6 month old. 



 I don't like it!!!
reading with Big Daddy in the morning


Speaking of 6 month olds, James had his half birthday on the 30th. For the sake of documentation (for myself) here is a quick summary of his tricks. James would love nothing more than to sit up on his own but not yet...he raises his head off then ground when lying down (like he's doing crunches). He immediately flips from his back to his belly (often in the middle of the night). He sleeps through the night but wakes up EARLY (5-6 a.m.) and ready to GO! He loves to eat. We introduced the sippy cup and he makes a mess with it and cries when it's taken away. Naps are a little inconsistent. No babbling yet but he makes a lot of vowel sounds. We are headed to the pediatrician on Friday for shots and a weigh in (he's a chunk). 


I'm over my self-allotted word count, so I'm going to call it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment