Monday, August 22, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things

Why do we even bother to buy kids toys? Here are a few of James's favorite "toys." A computer cord (all cords for that matter), Grizzlies koozie, remote control (only the one that works), a shoe horn, ANY of George's toys, (not pictured) my house keys.




Added to the list today...a fly swatter.
I realize that quite a few of these are not very clean, but I'll take my chances for 10 minutes of a independently play time!


Little James is beginning to push the limits a little. We have told him "no" and "stop" more times than I care to count to keep him from...falling, pulling lamps over, getting into dog food, etc. Yesterday, he was quietly playing and this is where we found him. (There is a lamp cord behind that table that he LOVES). I recognize that getting the camera is probably not the right reaction...but, you can't help but smile at his "caught in the act" face.




Just another reminder that we are all sinners; even little James wants what is fun and exciting for him. No one likes to be told "no," even 8 1/2 month olds. I find myself praying more and more for his heart, that he will never know a day when he didn't love Jesus...and that we, as parents will know how to train him in the way he should go. It is a task too big for us alone...

1 comment:

  1. i love your posts Kat! He is too cute.. and looks so mischievous! I wonder the same thing about Trammell - he doesn't like any of the toys we buy him! Only cords, remotes, keys, phones, and anything in my kitchen cabinets!!

    ReplyDelete