Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sick again...

I think one of the greatest lessons I have learned over the last year+ is that I'm not in control. There are times in my day that I have the sense of having things under control, only to then be quickly reminded that I'm not in charge...and it is better that way. I am in the midst of one of those moments. Here is what I mean...Tuesday: "I can totally handle this kid, I have my routine figured out, he's pretty happy, plays by himself, I am merrily wrapping Christmas presents as he WALKS (more on that later) around the house. Wednesday: 103 fever, up 2x/night, house a wreck, haven't showered since ?. It's amazing how things can change in a day...or do they really change?

If I'm honest with myself, nothing changed from Tuesday to Wednesday except my perspective. I can't make James be healthy, I can't make him nap, I can't make him love Jesus. It is a reminder, as every day should be, that it is by God's grace that he is healthy and it will be by God's grace that James is His. I would love to map out my life and tie it in a pretty little bow. But what I would be missing is the freedom to let go; to trust God with each day/week/year; to be wise but not have a false sense of running the show.

Why does it always take a few tears and a little lack of sleep for me to realize this?! Okay, I'm over my word quota for the post, so I'll end with a picture





He is now back to his usual tricks, and the back up babysitter is on her way to help me make up some work hours tomorrow. Thanks Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment