Friday, January 6, 2012

a glimpse of the holidays

I'm sitting on my NEW back deck soaking up a little warm sunshine. I've been in need of a day like today. Post Christmas blues...dirty house, toys everywhere, cold weather...you get the picture. So, today, I'm enjoying a warmer day and a sleeping kiddo (for the moment).

I know what you are wondering...new deck? Well let me tell you about my fabulous new deck.
On one side there is a bench and an awesome coffee table that my handy husband refinished. Note George gazing off into the backyard in search of squirrels.

 This is the grilling station. Isaac has put it to good use the last few weeks, especially since we didn't have an oven for a while!

See the laptop...that is where I am perched for the moment. As you can see by the toys, James also enjoys the deck; however, his favorite location is at the top of the steps.

Back to the holidays. We had our usual tour though Mississippi this Christmas. It began at the Byrd household, which was bustling with energy this year (even though we were missing a few). We then made our way to Kosciusko where the excitement and energy levels only increased. With 5 children under 5, there was never a dull moment. The week was topped off with a 90th birthday party for my grandmother. Here are a few pictures of the week. I didn't do a great job documenting...there was too much going on!


 James in Memphis inching closer and closer to the Christmas tree and snatching all of the ornaments off the lower branches. I think he was caught red-handed in this picture.
 Nana and Big Daddy with some of the grandkids.

 One of the few pictures I have with James. From the visual documentation of his 1st year, I look like an absent mother!
 James quickly figured out how to rip open a present and was an expert by the end of the week.

This is the Watts crew. You can see the lady of the hour, Maw Maw, seated in the middle.

It was a Christmas to remember filled with toddlers, gifts, family, food, football, donkeys (more on that later), runny noses, laughter, exhaustion and delight. Now, on to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment