Saturday, May 26, 2012

we know who has the green thumb in this family...

it is not me. Isaac and a couple of friends have labored long and hard at their Shelby Farms community garden plot. They plowed, planted, watered, weeded and have this week begun to see the fruit of their labor. James and I have "helped" a few afternoons/mornings. James is good at weeding until he mistakes a "real" plant for a big weed. This morning, I was excited to see this...
 So, we hurried home and make a little of this for lunch! I don't know if it is just knowing that your veggies were literally picked hours ago or if they really do taste that much better...but these were quite yummy. James even tried them (which is impressive considering his anti-vegetable stance).

Thanks to my mother-in-law, I'm learning to love cooking with a cast iron skillet. I may never go back to non-stick.

While gardening isn't quite as fun as sitting by the beach (Mom/Dad and Ed/Emily), we are enjoying a nice/slow day at home (only slightly jealous).

Hope you all are having a wonderful long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment