Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Verbal recap

No visual documentation, so I'm going to break my rule of not being too verbose and give a verbal recap of the weekend. So if you read all of this post, you win a prize...

1. I've been craving a really fun wedding weekend lately. Good parties are hard to come by in your late 20s (how sad). As much as I might like to brag that Isaac and I spend our weekends on Beale Street, you all know that would be a lie (Isaac would probably be up for it, but I'd rather go to bed at 9). So, Saturday night I got my fill of a good party. How do I know it's a good party....there was a tambourine in my hand for hours!  I must admit, as a person with little rhythm and no musical talent, the tambourine is my FAVORITE instrument. My dear friend Hollee Cheek got married this weekend, and I displayed my stellar tambourine skills all night long. It was a blast, my feet hurt the next day. Maybe I'm getting too old for that kind of movement.

The bride and groom were quite the couple. We waited for Oprah to arrive, but she must have been held up...

2. Backtracking a little...I've never been a talented speaker or even a good conversationalist. Sometimes, on rare occasion, when I think of something clever or insightful, I get so excited that I botch it up. Perfect example: rehearsal dinner toasts - as witnessed Friday night. Sorry Hollee, not even sure if I made sense...but it was great in my head, before I opened my mouth. My husband would say that is why some girls tend to do skits, write poems, songs or just spelling out a name in some clever way (guilty of all). So, next time, I'll sing a song

3. Homesick much?? Well, I do have quite the history of homesickness...camp, camp counselor, college, nights at friends' houses when I was young. It was problematic for a while. Thankfully, I've moved on... except after a couple of weekends in Mississippi surrounded by old friends and sweet family. It always gives us the urge to be a little closer (don't get too excited mom, we aren't moving).

4. So, back to the grind...not really, we are enjoying a cool day on the deck. James wants to show off his skills. He can't talk (I promise it's not a reflection of my capabilities as a speech pathologist) but he knows a few body parts and gives some impressive smooches.

No comments:

Post a Comment