Saturday, April 28, 2012

the Byrds lately

You would think with all of the packing I've done over the last several weeks, I would be efficient. Not the case. Last weekend we traveled back to Louisville to visit with the Adam Byrd clan. It was cold, I went to Wal-Mart and James and I wore the same thing all weekend. Thankfully, our family didn't seem to notice or mind. (On the positive side, winter clothes at Wal-Mart, while not abundant or attractive, were on sale!) We had a blast watching these cousins interact, play and get to know each other. And as always, we love seeing the Brownlee clan...they are great babysitters and entertainers for James. Leah and Tal Hendrix also made the trip up from Jackson to see the Byrds. We were sad to say goodbye to our family up north, and we eagerly await their move back to Miss in 5 short years!! Here are a few pictures.






Yesterday, I had the privilege of hearing my niece and friend, Katy defend her thesis for the Honors College. She did a fabulous job, as expected. James and I enjoyed seeing most of the Hartman kiddos and Nana and Big Daddy. James played with some cool college kids in the Grove while I heard Katy present. He was so entertained, he didn't want to leave. It wore him out, and he slept long and hard this morning. But, his energy is back and this is where I found him earlier today...what a helper!


Isaac and I are gearing up for the NBA playoffs game Sunday night. Isaac asked me to make sure my jersey is clean (yes, I have a jersey and I will be wearing it).

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment