Monday, September 21, 2015

here we go again

As you can tell from scrolling through the archives, this blog has very intermittent activity. But, for the next few weeks, it should be back in action and here is why...
I found myself having a bit of dejavu Thursday as I quickly drove to Methodist Germantown and told Isaac to meet me there. I was admitted for bleeding and other pregnancy complications. It was all too familiar, almost exactly 5 years ago I was admitted for different complications during my pregnancy with James (see the last post). This time at only 26 weeks we had the same scary conversations with doctors about extreme preemies, NICU, and feared another very early delivery. After 3+ days of steroid shots, magnesium, countless needle sticks, and sleepless days and nights- things have slow down and stabilized. I was told that due to my placenta previa and its risks, I should settle in for the long haul...until delivery. So yesterday, Isaac stocked my mini-fridge, we began sorting out childcare, and I began to realize what this means for me and my family. So, I'm trying to find ways to occupy my time, my brian and my emotions. I'm letting go of what I thought I had control over (my kids, my schedule, my family's life) and I will learn to wait and to trust in new ways, to lean heavily on the community around us and to rest in my Father's love for me, this baby and my family. So here is where I will sit and wait...come visit me any time...I'll be here.


1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I had a complete placenta previa with Elizabeth Magee! I remember that 26/27 was the "magic number" -- basically if I made it through those weeks without bleeding they would consider me safe! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if we were in Memphis I would come visit!

    ReplyDelete