Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grandparent time

I have great memories of time spent at "the farm," as we called my grandparents' house, when my parents went on trips. As much as we loved being with my parents, we loved an excuse to have special treatment by Maw Maw and Paw Paw. Such treats included: ham sandwich with mayo, white bread, and the crust cut off (I don't eat mayo on my sandwiches anywhere but here...somehow, it is just really good); biscuits in the morning with homemade peach preserves; a blanket heated and wrapped around your feet as you go to sleep at night; as much attention as you could ever want...It was fabulous. I was always ready to go home and was glad to see Mom and Dad, but it was quite a treat. 

For the last few days James has experienced the pampering of not one but two sets of grandparents. He has enjoyed a little (or a lot) of TLC from Nana/Big Daddy and Ya Ya/Poppie. They both have oohed and aahed over this little guy and may or may not have lied about how early he woke up each morning. I hope this is the first of many times he enjoys the company of these marvelous people who have loved his parents so well. What a delight to see your parents enjoy your kid!

So you may be wondering, where were you in the midst of all of this grandparent fun....I was probably asleep! Isaac and I have been in Miami for the last few days; Isaac working and Katherine reading or sleeping. I spent a lot of time asleep, and it was marvelous! Unfortunately, we have no pictures to document, but if you are interested, we stayed in a great hotel http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Miami-Beach-Hotel, had wonderful food, and I just relaxed. I highly recommend a lazy adult trip about 6 months after having a baby....I feel rested, relaxed, rejuvenated, and reconnected to my husband (do you like how all of the words started with the letter "r," much like a sermon)


James looks pretty content with Poppie! (I can't figure out how flip it...)

If you are in Miami anytime soon, I recommend the following:
Casa Tua
Front Porch Cafe- breakfast/brunch
Las Olas Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment