Sunday, May 1, 2011

Let the Merry Sunshine In

As a child and even a teenager my mother would wake me up by singing "let the merry sunshine in. Open all the windows, open all the doors and let the merry sunshine in." I don't know if it is really a song or if she just made it up?! I found myself singing that Friday and Saturday to James, as I was almost giddy that the sun FINALLY made its appearance. 


James's attention span is pretty short these days and we rotate through activity centers (or more specifically...plastic, brightly colored baby toys) quite quickly. I swore I would not have a house full of baby clutter. At the moment there is a car seat, swing, bouncy seat, Johnny Jump Up and play mat all on my living room. (eat those words...yep!) So, Saturday James woke up bright and early (gone are the days of sleeping in on the weekends; although, sweet Isaac had baby duty this morning and I stayed in bed until 7:45!).  By 10 a.m. James had rotated through all of his toys, taken a SHORT nap (his new bad habit), gone for a "swim," changed clothes 2x, played outside on his playmat, watched Isaac cut the grass...you get the idea. 


BUT, in spite of our chaos and such, days are much more enjoyable for all of the Byrds when the sun is out. Here are a few pictures of our outdoor activities this weekend. It's cloudy and rainy today BUT we are watching the Grizz which is almost as good as sunshine (especially if they win). More on that later!


See a few pics from our yard, garden, and sunny days. 


 Peonies...the buds are almost as beautiful as the flowers. I think I will plant more of these next year. The only bloom once, but it's well worth it!

 The smallest pool you have ever seen, but perfect for a 5 minute "swim." It only took 2 pitches of warm tap water, and he was ready to go. Don't worry, that white baby skin was coated in sun screen, and he only lasted a few minutes. 


This is Isaac's garden. He seems to have the green thumb of the family. The veggie garden includes: a variety of tomatoes, peppers, okra, and squash. We will invite you over for a "farm to table" dinner soon!


And last but not least, here is James in his Sunday best. He is into short naps (30-40 minutes). So when I walk into the nursery to get him (usually a little frustrated that I don't get a longer break) and lean over the crib...I breaks into this smile. Seriously, how do you stay mad at that?! He is a handful and quite exhausting at times, but boy do we like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment