Monday, May 9, 2011

Who's in charge here?


If someone were to walk into my house right now and ask that question...I would point to James and shrug my shoulders.
 Last night James and I returned from a great weekend in Kosciusko with my family. We decided when you have that many children around, you just have to adjust your expectations and get ready for a little chaos. James was in rare form...we are blaming it on teething. (I guess if no teeth show up in a week or so, we'll know he was just in a bad mood!) We enjoyed the baby pool, playing with cousins, a ballet recital, catching up with siblings and parents. As always my mom outdid herself, cooking on Mother's Day, entertaining the kiddos, and making everyone relax. James and 2 of his cousins (on the Potts side of the family) are just a few months apart. A few months creates big gaps in skills at this point, but it will really be fun when they are able to play together...or at least acknowledge the other one's existence!
 All of this to say, James is a constant reminder that I am not in charge (i.e. I cannot make him nap when I want him to, I cannot always stop his crying, I cannot make his gums not hurt, I cannot make him like to walk in the stroller, I cannot make him be content to play alone on a blanket...you get the idea) and if I just recognize that, we all have a better day! 


 Cousins James and Swinton (5 months and 7 months)
Burton, Rachel, Swinton, Sarah, James
We attempted a group shot and this was the best one. It's a bit of a challenge to keep everyone upright and happy!
they make a handsome pair!

2 comments:

  1. James is ADORABLE!! I love his blue eyes.. they are such a pretty shade of blue! I feel like he looks just like you.. is that what most people think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I think so too! James looks SO much like you to me, Potts! I can't wait to meet him. Love keeping up with y'all through your blog!

    ReplyDelete