Friday, October 30, 2015

3 weeks old

Thomas was 3 weeks old on the 26th. He continues to struggle with gaining weight. He surpassed his birth weight Wednesday (3 weeks old, 2 days) but was back down to 2 pounds 14 ounces yesterday. The roller coaster ride continues. He is still off of oxygen but has episodes of desaturations and tachypnea (fast heart rate). His goals in his room in the NICU say "rest and grow."

I find that some days it feels like he has been in the NICU for so long. Today is one of those days. I so badly wish for all of my boys to be home. One day soon...until then I will enjoy one in the morning and two boys in the afternoon.






I'm off to William's Halloween party, followed by James's soccer game. James claims that Halloween is his favorite holiday...hope the rain doesn't spoil the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you guys and praying for endurance and inexplicable restedness!

    ReplyDelete