Thursday, October 1, 2015

so thankful to be home

It's amazing what perspective you gain after spending over a week in the hospital. Bed rest at home is not easy, but it is a vast improvement over bed rest at the hospital. Mentally and emotionally I am so much more stable...I see my kids every morning and evening, I sleep in my own bed, I can look out my window and even venture outside to my lounge chair, the sound on my tv doesn't come from a remote control, I can take a long hot bath, I see my husband every day, I can read to my kids before bed and kiss them every morning. I realize that in the blink of an eye, I can and may be sent back to the hospital, so I am trying to count every day at home as a gift. I spend a lot of time obsessing over numbers (such as today is 42 days until 34 weeks and 56 days until 36 weeks). But, every day is a day closer to normal life (or at least normal life with a new baby).

So, what does one do with a day full of nothing: I've read 2 Harry Potter books and watched the first movie, I have watercolored (too bad to show you), I've crafted some Christmas ornaments (everyone will get one for Christmas), I've updated my address book, I've watched some less than edifying Netflix, I have an adult coloring book (thank you Jackie), I'm trying my hand at embroidery, I write thank you notes, I watch the news (although local news is very depressing), I listen to podcasts, I try to play with my kids from a horizontal position (which is a bit challenging).

There is an army of people who are feeding us, taking our kids to bowl, packing lunches, cleaning our house, washing clothes, and keeping me entertained! They are being the hands and feet of Jesus to our family-it is humbling but so good for us to lean on others. So, thank you!!
Magnatiles have been a big hit with James and we can build them from a lounging position

This is what you bed/bedside table look like when you are on bed rest: medicine, vitamins, sound machine, books, crafts, toys, water bottle...anything and everything within arm's reach. Not exactly the peaceful oasis but it works!
Here is the gift that you will all be getting for Christmas...and yes, it looks like a 2nd grader did it. I won't tell you how long it took me. Craftiness is not my gift.

Christ Methodist daycare has come to the rescue for William, letting him enroll mid year. He seems to love Ms. Tracey and is happy to go every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment